Monday, October 13, 2014

when you are in the service of your fellow beings

This was a pretty decent week for me. I've still been doing tons of family history work. I've had some distinct spiritual impressions about my family members. It has been really neat.

Speaking of service, I've been praying to have opportunities to serve people. This has led to some unique experiences, like when the sweet Mexican man came by our apartment trying to sell fresh tamales. I got the distinct impression that he needed my money. So I bought some tamales from him. My roommates laughed at me, saying "now that you bought some he'll be back every week." They were good tamales, so I won't mind too much if he comes back, but the real point is that if you follow the Spirit, and the Lord can trust you, you will have interesting experiences because Heavenly Father will know that He can ask you to do anything. I'm not perfect at this, but I'm trying.

My roommates and I went and saw the Meet the Mormons movie. It was fantastic! I laughed, I cried, I just loved it! Encourage those you teach to see it because it is definitely a good introduction to the gospel.

I've been pondering a lot about the Lord's plan for my life. As a missionary you experience almost constant inspiration and revelation as the Spirit tells you where to go and what to say. At home it doesn't really work like that. The Spirit is always with you, but you don't need that constant guidance, so you don't have it, and that takes some getting used to. It's really different to be expected to decide on my own where to go and what to say. I've been praying a lot about my future and haven't received too many answers yet. But I loved what Elder Christofferson said in conference. To paraphrase, he said that we need to make plans so that the Lord has something to work with. In the Sunday afternoon session, Elder Godoy of the seventy said a few things about decision making, and vision. Y'all know how I feel about vision....

Anyways. There's some snippets of how my life has been.

That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment