Monday, October 6, 2014

some attempts at reading Danish

I got one word: midterms. Whew! That's mostly over now. But let me tell you- test taking is not my favorite part of college. My schedule got a little off at the beginning of the week, and it was all downhill from there. I still haven't caught up on my sleep.

I got so much family history done this week! It's been truly amazing. I haven't had such powerful spiritual experiences since my mission. I have literally felt the Spirit guiding me to specific names and specific records. I have gathered quite a collection of names for the temple and I've learned a lot about my ancestors. I've gotten into the part of my family that's from Denmark and it's been a bit or challenging to read their records than it was for my English ancestors.

I went to the temple twice to do baptisms for some of those names. One of my converts from my mission flew to SLC for General Conference and I got to see him. We went to the temple together and I was baptized by proxy for both of his grandmothers. It was just incredible to sit in the temple with him and talk about the gospel.

We had a mission reunion. It was good to see so many people from the mission. I can't believe how quickly the time is going by! I thought my mission flew by but the past 3 months have gone by even more quickly. 

And Conference. I don't even know if there are sufficient words. I went to the Saturday morning session in the conference center with my concert and that was just great. Ashlie Metcalf and I watched the Saturday afternoon session in the Tabernacle which was also pretty neat. We rode the front runner train to Salt Lake and we realized on our way home that we had forgotten to ask someone to pick us up from the train station when we got back. We were chatting with this couple next to us, and when we got off the train they offered to give us a ride home! They didn't seem to sketchy and I didn't feel weird about it , so we accepted. Wow. People are so kind.

My favorite talk was very Elder Godoy of the seventy. I didn't get to hear all of it, but unknown that one was for me. I really need to go back and listen to it again. I'm so grateful for living prophets. How amazing that God has given us priesthood power and guides us through these HBLL servants. 

That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment